Neutral Grounding Resistors
Neutral grounding resistors are designed to
limit fault currents within a three phase power transformer
The resistor will be connected between the neutral point of the symetrical three phase windings and ground.
Associated to measuring apparatus, it will allow detection and control of defaults.
Neutral grounding resistors are
defined through three
main parameters :
- Network voltage (Un) or rated voltage (Ur = Un / √ 3)
- Fault current (In)
- Rated fault duration
For more details, please take a look at "grounding".
Resistances is the leader in the International Neutral
Grounding resistor market. We can assemble the resistors
in any required configuration & can
get them type tested.
M.S. Resistances can design NGRs as per your requirements. However, following basis shall be taken into consideration.
- Up to 36 kV rated networks, cubicles will be grounded.
- At 52 and 66 kV, NGRs can be proposed either with grounded cubicles or with live cubicles.
- Over 66 kV, NGRs will be provided with live cubicles only!
In addition to the resistors,
Resistances is able to supply any associated component
such as current transformers, voltage transformers,
surge arrestors, disconnectors
(off load, on load)... in any required configuration. (see our accessories web page).
Most of the time we are able to integrate resistor and accessories in one single cubicle.
For your information, you can have a look at our Operation Manual for Installation, Commissioning & Maintenance.
Our Neutral Grounding Resistors manufacturing Process does follow the best quality Charts :
- See attached ITP (Inspection & Test Plan).
- See all our NGR Type tests.